Welcome to the 50 Best Songs of 2014. After listening to every single sound recording released this year, without bias, I have determined the 50 catchiest, provocative and just plain best songs of the year.
50. “Man of the Year” / Schoolboy Q
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women.
49. “Doses and Mimosas” / Cherub
I tried to put this song on a playlist for my friend’s birthday. He removed it and said he didn’t want to attract what he calls the “Molly element.”
48. “Easy Rider” / Action Bronson
“I heard ya bitch still wears Ecko.” Well-played, Bronson.
47. “Lost on the Way Home” / Chromeo (feat. Solange)
Not the greatest lyricists but these boys work a groove nearly as hard as their forefathers Hall & Oates and Steely Dan.
46. “Blue Suede” / Vince Staples
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.